Tuesday 31 March 2015

How to Knit the Double-Loop Stitch


How to knit a piece of denser fabric of loops? By using the method that I shared on my previous post - fur stitch, is not dense enough. In fact, I could go with double yarn to double the number of loops but I did not want to do so because it requires two balls of yarn to be ran at the same time and I did not want the two balls of yarn become remainders after a small project. I had been trying out some of the double-loop knitting methods that I found from the internet but could not satisfy my need. The methods that I tried out are able to create a denser loopy fabric but one of the loops of a stitch will get lose when you pull the other loop that created at the same stitch. What I need is a fabric that looks denser and rich but every loop must be securely knitted in place. It had been hard to get a solution  ... Anyway I did not give up and I got my way to create a piece of denser fabric of loops with my own double-loop knitting method at last.


Instruction:

Knit into your desired stitch but do not drop the stitch of your left needle. Bring the working yarn to the front between the two needles and place your thumb on the working yarn. Then, wrap the yarn around your thumb and bring the yarn to the back between the two needles.


Keeping your thumb in the loop and insert your right needle into the same stitch and knit. Once again, do not drop the stitch of your left needle. Then, bring the yarn to the front between the two needles.


Place your thumb on the working yarn and wrap the yarn around your thumb to make the second loop. Then, bring the yarn to the back between the two needles again. Keeping your thumb in the loop and insert your right needle into the same stitch and knit it as usual, this means you can now drop the stitch of you left needle. Now, you have three new stitches and two loops on your right needle.  


Pick up the the second last stitch from the right needle tip and then pass it over the last stitch from the right needle tip. This means one stitch is bound off and the second loop that you made previously is locked and secured in place.


Again, pick up the the second last stitch from the right needle tip and then pass it over the last stitch from the right needle tip. One stitch is bound off and the first loop that you made previously is locked and secured in place too. Photo no.15 shown is a finished double-loop stitch.


If you continue your double-loop knitting to the end of the row, you will get a row of double-loop stitches as shown in the photo above.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...