Wednesday 19 August 2015

Puppy Applique Pattern



This is my recent project - puppy applique. This cuddly puppy applique is a design for my new mini tote bag. My new bag is still in progress... .Well, let me share with you the puppy applique pattern prior to the birth of the new bag. This applique is  using not only fabrics and threads but also felt cloths and beads. I suggest you choose the fabrics which are less likely to fray especially for a small size applique patch. I spent a lot of time to sew the patches on as the chosen fabrics for this applique frayed easily. Those raw edges frayed like crazy that I couldn't turn under the seam allowance smoothly!! How to overcome the problem? I had no other ideal fabrics that can be used! Finally, I found a way to deal with it. I leaved a larger seam allowance when cutting around the template and then trimmed the seam allowance to the required measurement as I stitched the applique on the background fabric. That was the first time I used this way to finish a needle-turn applique. Luckily, the outcome isn't as bad as I thought.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...